Iâ€™m using Windows Live Writer to publish to my WordPress 3.2 Blog that runs on a Windows Server 2008 R2. This all worked fine for a while until I upgraded the blog today. Now I got the following error message:
Canâ€™t connect to your blog service:
Invalid Server Response â€“ The response to the blogger.getUsersBlogs method received from the blog was invalid:
Invalid response document returned from XmlRpc server
Please try fixing the problem and then try again.
Lovely. Try fixing the problem or call the system administrator. Unfortunately Iâ€™m the administrator, so nobody there to call.
But then I remembered that I had a similar issue a while back. I wrote about it in the post WordPress XML-RPC Issues.
And, oh wonder, this solved the problem again!
Edit the class-IXR.php file from the wp-includes directory. Change
header(‘Content-Length: ‘.$length + 2);
And you are fine until next time.